WHO WE ARE
Due to this reality, a group Venezuelan citizens currently living in Southern California have decided to unite efforts to support Venezuelan profound humanitarian crisis.
Our group goal is to create awareness about Venezuelan humanitarian crisis and relieve some of the severe shortages of medicines, medical supplies, food and other basic goods. By doing this, we will somehow ease the challenges that many Venezuelans are facing to obtain essential medical care, adequate nutrition or to cover basic needs. Our goal will be achieved by partnering with local donors, a SoCal No- Profit Organization Giving Children Hope and other Venezuelan-Non-Profits located in Florida to unite efforts, thus the donations get safely to Venezuelans.
OUR CURRENT CAMPAIGN
It is clear that the Venezuelan Government is not taking seriously the life and death situations its people are being subjected to. Giving Children Hope is committed to shining a light on the plight of the Venezuelan people, their suffering, and the very real need for your help. Giving Children Hope has the ability and expertise necessary to send much needed food and medical supplies to Venezuela, but we need funds to send the supplies. For each 40’ shipping container, the cost is $10,000. Our goal is to send at least two (2) containers, of course, the more funds we raise, the more vital relief and hope we will send to Venezuela!
In order to raise awareness for this effort Giving Children Hope is hosting a sponsors-only Kick-off event in their warehouse in Buena Park on June 8th. To reach our goal we need everyone's help, we are counting on everyone's help to make this a success.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
To raise awareness for this effort Giving Children Hope is hosting a sponsors-only Kick-off event in their warehouse in Buena Park on June 8th. We request Venezuelans to help in 3 key areas:
1. Join our Social Media Campaign for Venezuela throughout the month of May and June
By urging others to share their stories or by publicly encourage other to contribute to Giving Children Hope's plan to send at least two shipping containers complete with vital supplies for the Venezuelan people. The more money we can raise, the more supplies we can send.
- Let us know if you have a possible sponsor/donor in mind and Giving Children Hope will send a formal invitation to the event or they will personally can call or visit them to explain the campaign.
- Share the info about the campaign with any company, church, organization, supermarket, small business, individuals, etc. They can also donate directly to Giving Children Hope: givingchildrenhope.org/venezuela (Effective on May 1)
- Lend your voice, make a difference. Lend your voice for Venezuela via social media channels. We welcome your ideas.
2. Join us, as a volunteer, at our event on June 8th.
We will host around 100 possible-sponsors to share not only our story but about how we are working towards making sure the Venezuelan people feel we are here for them.
We need volunteers to help in these areas:
- Dress and undress the warehouse for the event.
- Edit and/or create audiovisual content for the event.
- We need musicians/DJ to help us make a pleasant event.
- We need the help of Restaurants/cooks willing to help us with the catering for at least 100. We are planning to serve small appetizers showcasing our delicious Venezuelan food (Arepas, Cachapas, Empanadas, Tequeños, Tostones, etc.. Ideas welcomed).
Please Fill our contact form and let us know how would you like to help Venezuela.